Becoming a Contractor/Vendor

The mission of the Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority could never be completed without the assistance of contractors and vendors.  In order to become a contractor and vendor there are a few items you are required to have. The Authority has prepared several forms that will enable contractors and vendors to ensure that they have all documents ready at the time of submittal for bids. These documents require the contractor/vendeor to provide general information to prove that the contractor/vendor is duly licensed and has insurance as futher explained below: 

Contractors/Vendors must have ​evidence that they are licensed to provide services in the U.S. Virgin Islands and demonstration that the company is in “good standing” with the appropriate regulatory agencies in the Territory.

Contractors/Vendors ​must also provide but not limited to:

  • Corporate Documents (Articles of Incorporation and By-laws),
  • Limited Liability Company (Copy of Articles of Organization and Operating Agreement)
  • Copy of  Letter of  “Good Standing” from Lt. Governor's Office  or if LLC, a copy of the “Certificate of Existence”, 
  • Copy  of  valid  Business  License
  • Copy  of  EIN  number-approval letter if Corp. or LLC.
  • Insurance Binder with type of Insurance

This information is required to become a VIHFA contractor or vendor with the Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority. The following forms are used to Authority to solicit Contractor/Vendors: Contract Document Checklist, Contract Information Form, Contractor Qualification Statement and Contractor Qualification Statement - Professional Service.

For more information or questions regarding being a Contractor/Vendor with the VIHFA, please contact Mr. John Green, Director of Planning and Construction at (340) 772-4432 ext. 3232.