The objectives of the Action Plan’s Housing Programs address the unmet housing needs in the Territory by:
- Supporting residents, especially low- and moderate-income residents, directly affected by the storms by rehabilitating or replacing housing units, including mitigation enhancements;
- Leveraging other funding sources and supporting community efforts to both address immediate gaps in rehabilitation of damaged homes with flexible funding and maximizing CDBG-DR dollars;
- Aiding in the rehabilitation and new development of housing for the most vulnerable, including temporary, emergency housing, and permanent supportive housing;
- Identifying opportunities to develop new housing stock to meet the urgent demand for affordable rental and owner-occupied housing; and
- Helping affected individuals by improving the resilience of their housing to reduce risk and strengthen neighborhoods for any future disasters while restoring their buildings and residences.
|Homeowner Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Program||Under development|
|New Construction for Homeownership Opportunity and First Time Homebuyer Assistance Program||Under development|
|Rental Rehabilitation & Reconstruction Program||Under development|
|Public & Affordable Housing Development Program||Under development|
|Supportive Housing & Sheltering Programs||Under development|
For more information on the Housing Programs, please see the Action Plan, Section 4.3.