The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer to accomplish the Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority’s (hereinafter “Authority”) goals, objectives, and mission. Professionally represents the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO). Reliable, stable attendance is required.
- Act as a key liaison with the Chief Operating Officer’s director’s managers and the Authority’s staff.
- Assure that decisions and information are shared with appropriate persons and offices.
- Prepare and/or coordinate recurring and other reports and respond to senior management requests on routine actions/requests.
- Manages COO's schedule by assessing circumstances, requesting parties and the COO's preferences to accept, delegate, defer or change commitments to meetings, speaking engagements, ceremonies, travel, and similar obligations.
- Oversee management of all communications - regular and electronic mail, telephone calls, and personal visits.
- Manages and reviews all correspondence and other materials prepared for the information and signature of the COO for appropriate grammatical, clarity, content, coordination, and proper routing/coordination of staff actions.
- Review proposals, inquiries, recommendations, and other communications forwarded to the COO; determine what receives the COO's attention and assures that appropriate background information is provided.
- Records minutes of monthly/quarterly meetings, prepares minutes for distribution, signaling out the action and follows up as required.
- Uses computer software applications to prepare documents, computer data entry and input data into record keeping files.
- Maintain office files.
- Obtains and monitors the use of services, supplies, or equipment for the office.
- Requisitions office supplies and related materials. Prepares, submits, and tracks requisitions.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the Authority’s staff and the executive team.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration/management or closely related field from an accredited U.S. institution, OR Master’s degree in in public or business administration/management or closely related field from an accredited U.S. institution
Experience: at least seven (7) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, the last three (3) years of which must have been in providing executive level administrative support or a related capacity
Knowledge: Broad knowledge and experience in office administration and support to executives; Demonstrated excellent organization and time management skills set; Must be accurate and efficient, high energy, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities; Evidence of strong ethical behavior, excellent analytical skills, and good reasoning abilities with sound judgment; Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate in a compelling fashion to diverse stakeholders; Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects; Must have intermediate to advanced computer skills in Office 365 applications; Skill in maintaining records and reports, including those necessary for regulatory compliance; Strong oral and written communication skills with superior interpersonal skills including patience and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels; Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability to work with limited supervision and prioritize accordingly; Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations; Ability to effectively perform essential job functions under strict time constraints in an environment with competing demands; Ability to determine the importance of correspondence received; Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; Ability to acquire new knowledge, skills and techniques necessary to successfully carry out the mission of the Authority.
SALARY: $49,920 - $64,480 per annum depending upon qualifications.