The Procurement Officer is responsible for the administration of the Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority’s (VIHFA) Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) and Electrical Grid (G-Rid) Program’s procurement process in accordance with established policies and procedures. This is a Territorial position.
- Ensures that the procurement of consultant and other services and products are in accordance with the Authority’s CDBG-MIT/EGrid procurement policies and procedures and HUD guidelines.
- Ensures that the preparation and execution of contracts are in accordance with the Authority’s policies and procedures and HUD guidelines.
- Ensures contracts, MOUs and other agreements that are required to be posted on the VIHFA website and that the appropriate information is properly redacted and posted in a timely manner.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving the coordination of procurement activities to include procurement planning, announcement and advertising of bids, managing bid openings and the review of proposals and selection process - all in accordance with the Authority’s established procurement policies and procedures and HUD guidelines.
- Works closely with CDBG-DR Special Counsel and other staff to ensure efficient administration of the procurement policies and procedures and advises staff on appropriate purchase methods.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine cost-reasonableness.
- Maintains and reviews records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
- Evaluates and monitors contracts to ensure that vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and determine the need for changes, if any.
- Provides responsive, high-quality service to employees, vendors, contractors, and the public by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: 2-4 years of procurement and/or contract administration experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all persons contacted in the course of performing duties; Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents; Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints; Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information; Excellent communication skills - oral, written and listening; Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Ability to take initiative, work independently, and utilize creative skills to resolve issues; Computer literate to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Ability to be flexible and work under pressure; Excellent phone etiquette and customer service skills; Possess the ability to pay attention to detail and Valid Driver’s License
SALARY: $54,080 - $68,640 per annum depending upon qualifications. CDBG-MIT/EGrid grant funded position.