To be eligible, you:
- Must be a first time home buyer.
- Must meet established income requirements.
- Must be a resident of the Territory for the last three years.
- Must have filed your last three years taxes in the Virgin Islands.
- Must have the ability to make a minimum earnest money deposit of $1,000. For qualified veterans, no earnest money deposit is required.
- Must be pre-qualified for a mortgage loan based on nationally accepted underwriting standards of FHA/VA/Conventional Mortgages.
- Must attend VIHFA’s Home Buyer’s Education Program and earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Must occupy the property as your primary residence.
- Must have a household income of:
St. Thomas: $24,600-$215,000
St. Croix: $21,250-$192,150
St. John: $33,350-$231,700
The Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority offers three homebuyer programs.
The Virgin Islands Housing Finance Authority also offers education programs and counseling services.